- Duration: 4years (including 1 year internship)
- Intake: 20
- Assist cardiologists in diagnosing and treating heart problems and ailments.
- Monitor blood pressure and heart rate, prepare and monitor patients for cardiac procedures, such as treadmill and cardiac catheterization.
- Assist in cardiac catheterizations (Angiogram including balloon angioplasties), pacemakers perform ECG (Electrocardiogram)
- Perform echocardiograms (ECHO). Cardiac technologists are a part of the healthcare team that diagnoses diseases and problems associated with the vascular (blood vessel) system.
- Perform treadmill testing to judge cardiac function.
Eligibility for Under Graduate AHS programmes
- Candidates belonging to all categories for admission to the Allied Health Sciences should have passed the qualifying examinations after period of 12 years of study with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology with minimum 45% marks(PCBE).
The following certificates / documents have to be submitted along with duly filled Application form (Originals + 4 Photostat Copies):
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last studied.
- SSLC mark statement.
- HSC/Pre-Degree/ AISSCE/ ICSE/ CBSE /Intermediate or equivalent mark statement.
- Migration Certificate for the students who have passed other than HSC Examination of Tamil Nadu.
- Eligibility Certificate obtained from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai (For students who have passed their Qualifying examination other than HSC Examination, Tamil Nadu)
- Community Certificate (except OC candidates)
- Medical fitness certificate
- Passport Size Photographs (5 Nos.)
- Aadhaar Copy